Marian Pilgrimage for Clergy in Bavaria – May 2012
Priests and religious in North America… would you like to come to Bavaria with us in May on a Marian pilgrimage for clergy?
Deacons and priests, secular and religious are welcome.
The Clergy pilgrimage to Catholic Bavaria will be May 7th – 11th (or 12th), 2012, led by Fr. Armand de Malleray, FSSP.
- Monday May 7th @ 3:10pm: landing at Memmingen Airport (direct Ryanair flights from London-Stansted, Manchester, Edinburgh, Dublin) and 45-minute drive to Wigratzbad (45 min)
- Tuesday May 8th: visit colossal Baroque Benedictine Abbeys of Ottobeuren, and Weingarten (with a relic of the Precious Blood venerated at the largest annual equestrian procession in the world)
- Wednesday May 9th: preached recollection;
- Thursday May 10th: visit shores of Lake Constance (Lindau peninsula, Cistercian Minor Basilica of Birnau cf picture right, ferry crossing to ancient Monastery Island of Reichenau where monk Hermann Contractus composed the Salve Regina)
- Friday May 10th: free time and take off from Memmingen at 3:10pm OR stay on and attend Diaconal Ordinations at FSSP Motherhouse next door on Saturday May 11th morning by Bishop Castet of Luçon (in the French Vendée), with take off at 3:10pm after ceremony and landing in London at 3pm (or any airport of your choice). Read Liverpool priest Fr Henry’s report on the latest FSSP ordinations here.
- Also planned: next door is the International Seminary of St Peter and motherhouse of the Priestly Fraternity of St Peter. Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger visited there on Easter 1990 (picture right) and offered Easter Mass in the usus antiquior. A visit of the seminary and meal(s) with community can be planned for us. Possibility of attending some of the community Masses and Divine Office.
Although a pilgrimage, it will not be penitential but surely Marian, especially in Bavaria in the month of May, when the immaculate Queen of the country – Maria Patrona Bavariae – is honoured in a particular way.
Accommodation: we will be staying at the Marian shrine of Wigratzbad, in the comfortable Pilgrims’ Hostel with the option of single rooms with en-suite bathroom.
Estimated cost: £335/$440 — which is all inclusive for 5 days in single room. For clerics in North America, this estimated cost includes everything BUT transportation to and from Bavaria. All expenses will be paid on the spot, so that there is no need to send the whole amount in advance.
Booking: There is a £30/$40 deposit. Potentially interested priests in should contact Fr. de Malleray to work out a way for the deposit to be sent to him in England. When booking, please specify:
- your name
- contact details
- whether you wish a single or shared room
- with or without in-suite bathroom
- days of arrival and departure
Liturgy: as a matter of course priests may offer daily Mass using the Missal of their choice.
For any questions, please contact Fr de Malleray at:
Rev. Fr Armand de Malleray, FSSP
St John Fisher House
17 Eastern Avenue,
Reading, RG1 5RU, England
Tel: 0118 966 5284;
www.fssp.co.uk (UK) — www.fssp.org (Int’l) — www.fssp.com (US)
April 3, 2012